- Rembrandt by Himself, by Quentin Buvelot. This absorbing book explores how Rembrandt`s self-portraits developed over his life span, why the genre was so important in his work, and how his innovative style influenced his contemporaries.
- Rembrandt's Eyes, by Simon Schama. A great narrative biography, with outstanding reproductions.
- Rembrandt, by U. Bockemuhl. An economical introduction.
- Rembrandt: A Genius and His Impact, by Albert Blankert. Essays from some of the leading Rembrandt scholars from around the world.
- Rembrandt: The Master and His Workshop: Paintings, by Christopher Brown. Excellent reproductions of the greatest works.
- Rembrandt: The Master and His Workshop: Drawings and Etchings, the companion volume to the previous listing. Along with his incomparable paintings, Rembrandt still ranks as one of the greatest graphical artists of all time.